Become a Host
As we expand here at Brain Sportz Trivia, we will be looking for qualified people to host weekly pub quizzes on a regular basis. If you want to be a Brain Sportz Trivia Host, below are some things you need to know…
- You should be reliable and punctual. If a quiz starts at 8PM, it does not mean you walk in to the venue at 8PM. Instead, it means at 8PM you are already at the bar, setup and ready to go. Get there a minimum of 15 minutes early to allow for setup time.
- You should feel comfortable speaking on a microphone and in front of large groups.
- You should have a general love or at least a strong like of trivia. Yes, it is a job,
but every job is better when the person doing the job wants to be there.
- You should be able to relate well with other people and enjoy meeting new people.
- You should be able to adapt as a situation dictates. We will prepare you as best we can, but being able to think on your feet is always a plus. Examples include the following; technical glitches can come up, teams may argue why their answer should be acceptable, your laptop may die on you, etc. Any number of things could happen and being prepared and having the ability to adapt goes a long way towards making each night a success.
- You should have some personality. The trivia should always be the main focus, but interaction with players is important. If a team is the only one that comes up with an answer, acknowledge them. If a team comes up with a wrong but really funny answer, give them a shout out and perhaps even a point. Trivia isn’t the time to work on your stand-up routine, but is a time to shine. Let your personality show and have fun.
- Drinking on the job? Actually, this is perfectly acceptable. You are after all running a pub quiz so indulging in a beer or two as the night goes on is fine. Obviously, getting drunk is a no-no but there is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to sip a beer and ask some questions at the same time.
- At the end of the night, the main things to remember are to explain the rules clearly, enunciate when reading the questions, make sure to keep the night moving at a decent pace (a typical trivia night should be over and done within 2.5 hours). Be able to answer people’s questions and have fun.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you. Either email us at email@example.com or call us at 773-661-9372. If you were to choose the former,
please tell us why you would make a great Brain Sportz Trivia host and how you stand out from the rest.
***ALL trivia nights start promptly at 8PM unless otherwise noted.***